Volunteer Job Description
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Work in partnership with the Service Unit Team to manage the public SU page offered by the council. Administer the SU page, post updates and work with the Leadership Development Specialist to assure accuracy of information.
TERM OF APPOINTMENT: One year; may be reappointed based on performance.
• Act as administrator the SU Webpage as provided by GSCSNJ, Inc.
• Post updates, announcements, events, photos, forms, links and more as needed by the SU Team.
• Follow all Safety Activity Checkpoints and ensure girls’ safety in all content.
• Never post girls’ last names, locations, emails, phone numbers, etc.
• Always have a parent’s or guardian’s permission when using pictures of girls on a Web site.
• Do not post addresses of troop meeting places or dates and times of troop meetings, troop events, or troop trips. You can post adult meetings and Service Unit/Council Sponsored events.
• Be careful when selecting links to other Web sites that show on your site. The contents of potential links should be in keeping with Girl Scout principles and activities. Avoid linking to commercial sites selling merchandise to avoid implied Girl Scout endorsement of the products they offer. Seek out sites that enhance girls’ participation in Girl Scouting; are tasteful; are grade-level–appropriate; show diversity; are beneficial for girls, adults, and families; and are in keeping with the Girl Scout organization’s purpose and the Girl Scout Promise and Law. Fully explore each Web site link to determine that its content is appropriate to a Girl Scout audience.
• All SU pages must link to Girl Scouts of the USA: www.girlscouts.org, Go Girls Only (for girls grades 1–6): www.gogirlsonly.org, Let Me Know or LMK (about Internet safety for teens; girls can earn an online award for completing activities on this site): www.lmk.girlscouts.org
DIRECTLY SUPPORTED BY: Volunteer mentor, Leadership Development Specialist & Service Team